Freightliner Cascadia and Refrigerator
Table of Contents
Freightliner Cascadia is a heavy-duty truck that’s equipped with a refrigerator(s) to move perishable food items and drinks from one place to another.
The size of the fridge in the Freightliner Cascadia truck is about 1.5 cubic feet and runs on 50-watt power or more, to keep the temperature of the food and beverages controlled and maintain the freshness of the food.
If you own a Freightliner Cascadia food truck, you might be willing to use your residential refrigerator, however, the regular refrigerator is less powerful unless you want to use the food truck on a small scale and for personal use.
Features of Freightliner Cascadia Food Truck
- Freightliner Cascadia truck interior design is top-notch and provides comfort for the driver.
- Freightliner Cascadia refrigerators’ weight is around 35.3 lbs.
- Generally, the food truck refrigerator has a height of 1.6 cubic feet
- The food truck has an aerodynamic engine design to maximize fuel.
- Advanced technologies such as predictive cruise control, adaptive cruise control, and lane trespass warning provide safety for the driver.
- Freightliner Cascadia truck has a Detroit assurance safety system, advanced suspension system, telematics, and connectivity.
- Onboard diagnostics and climate control system
- Freightliner Cascadia truck also has an LED lighting system.
- Speed control button
- Low-voltage protection
Installation of Freightliner Cascadia Fridge
Since it may be difficult to find good food at an affordable price when you are on a road trip, going with a food truck and a semi fridge might be a good option.
The installation of Freightliner Cascadia commercial refrigerator is difficult, and you would have to get a technician to set it up, however, the process of installing a semi-fridge is straightforward.
- First, unwrap the product and open all the nuts and bolds
- Safely put the fridge in the given space
- Then, safely keep the refrigerator on the stand and you are done.
One can easily install it oneself, but we recommend you hire professionals because they are experts in their furled and equipped with all the types of equipment and tools needed in this process.
In addition, they are responsible for the damage caused during the installation process.
Advantages of Freightliner Cascadia Refrigerator
There are several benefits of using a semi-refrigerator for a Freightliner truck.
First, these fright are affordable; one can buy them for under $1000. It allows you to store food while on a long road trip.
In addition, it does not require much space, so you can install it anywhere in your truck.
- Portability – These refrigerators are portable and can easily be kept in the Freightliner truck. In addition, one can take it out from the truck when needed.
- Energy efficient – They consume very less electricity (usually 40 watts).
- Ice Cooled– You will find the majority of the refrigerator has a freezer attached to it. Even some latest refrigerators offer detachable freezers, which can be removed anytime needed.
Problems of Cascadia Refrigerator
- Temperature– The most common semi-fridge problem is not cooling properly. Undoubtedly, the main purpose of a refrigerator is to keep things cool. Therefore this problem should be solved as soon as possible.
- Blocked vents – The air circulation of a semi-fridge relies on the vents to maintain a uniform temperature. Generally, these vents get blocked when you overcrowd the refrigerator with drinks and other eatables.
- Condenser motor fan – If your fridge is still unable to keep things cool, it may have some issues with the condenser motor fan. This fan pulls air to make the coils cool, so if the fan gets broken, it will not work properly.